Voluntary Action North Lanarkshire is recruiting for trustees in 2018.
Please read the following excerpt from the application package to find out more about being a VANL Trustee.
Voluntary Action North Lanarkshire Board Members will be committed to the values, aims and ethos of the organisation and to ensuring that its activities are in the interests of its members and beneficiaries.
Board Members will bring a focus on strategy and performance and clarity about the differing roles of Executive and Non-Executive members. Members will come from a range of backgrounds and experience including and will reflect the diversity of voluntary sector and volunteering interests across North Lanarkshire.
All Board Members should be eligible to act as a Company Director and Charity Trustee and must have or be prepared to gain an understanding of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities inherent in the role.
We are looking for candidates who can offer:
1. A record of achievement in their own field
2. Proven ability to think creatively in a strategic and organisational context
3. Confidence with the role of operating at strategic board level and with contributing to a team of non-executives from different backgrounds and at different stages of life.
4. An understanding of the efficient and effective management of an organisation's financial, human and other assets and of the issues involved in organisational development and change to meet ambitious targets in a changing environment while retaining the organisation’s core values and purpose
5. Demonstrable understanding of and commitment to volunteering, voluntary sector, social enterprise and community development in North Lanarkshire
7. Existing experience of participating at board or committee level of an organisation as a Non Executive or Executive or charity trustee is useful but not essential; equivalent experience and a thought-out approach to acting effectively at board level should be demonstrated where not.
8. Contribution to the skills or experience profile sought by the board.
- In order to be a trustee you must have a nomination from a member organisation of VANL
- You must live and/or work in North Lanarkshire
- We are unable to consider applications from individuals who would be disqualified from being a trustee by the Companies Act or the Charity Act including anyone who has been convicted of a crime of deception or dishonesty unless the conviction is spent.
The Scottish Charity Regulator has easy to follow guidance on what it means to be a Trustee of a charity.
To find out full details and apply to become a VANL trustee, please follow the link below.
Please send all completed applications to info@VANL.co.uk