North Lanarkshire Voluntary Sector Partnership Group acts as the central linkage hub through which all third sector activity and representation is connected to North Lanarkshire Partnership. Since 2006, it has been a recognised Sub-Group of North Lanarkshire Partnership, and aims to bring together a representative cross-section of the third sector in North Lanarkshire with a view to bringing strategic direction. Voluntary Action North Lanarkshire, as Third Sector Interface, is the operational arm of North Lanarkshire Voluntary Sector Partnership Group.
Meeting on a two-monthly cycle, the Group strives to develop a membership that is fully reflective of the third sector in North Lanarkshire, both in terms of locality and thematic areas. The Group is currently chaired by June Vallance (Third Sector Representative on North Lanarkshire Partnership Board) and endeavours to act in the interests of and for the benefit of the third sector, whilst also acting in the interest of and for the benefit of Community Planning as a whole.
The Group, which produced and operates to the principles of North Lanarkshire Voluntary Sector Strategy 2013-18 aims to align with the positive ethos, spirit and culture of the third sector in North Lanarkshire, whereby a degree of flexibility, independence, and caring for people is adopted to achieve maximum outcomes. The following functions are undertaken by North Lanarkshire Voluntary Sector Partnership Group:
• To identify where the third sector can contribute to the development and implementation of outcomes and actions included in North Lanarkshire Partnership’s Community Plan and Single Outcome Agreement and Local Area Team Action Plans
• To provide a forum where important issues experienced by the third sector can be discussed and addressed via strategic approach as appropriate
• To develop appropriate outcome measures taking account of activity across the third sector
• To offer strategic leadership and guidance to the third sector in North Lanarkshire and facilitate engagement mechanisms for grassroots volunteers and third sector organisations to participate in Community Planning
• To facilitate and encourage the third sector and Community Planning Partners to participate in cross-agency partnership work and co-production to achieve the positive outcomes for citizens
• To organise and facilitate third sector representation within a Community Planning context, maintaining a record of this in a Third Sector Representational Matrix
• To be the central vehicle through which third sector reports are submitted to North Lanarkshire Partnership as agreed, and vice versa
• To develop a robust North Lanarkshire Voluntary Sector Strategy which meets the needs, aspirations and expectations of the third sector, implementing and maintaining a monitoring mechanism for the Strategy
• To coordinate effective research, consultation and engagement of the third sector on behalf of North Lanarkshire Partnership as reasonably required
• To oversee, monitor and develop a range of third sector structures for the advancement of Community Planning which report to North Lanarkshire Voluntary Sector Partnership Group, including Third Sector Locality and Thematic Networks
• To host an annual North Lanarkshire Voluntary Sector Conference on behalf of North Lanarkshire Partnership
• To manage and review the effectiveness of the Group and supporting Sub-Groups, and undertake any additional reasonable requests of North Lanarkshire Partnership or third sector delegates.
For further information on North Lanarkshire Voluntary Sector Partnership Group, please contact Voluntary Action North Lanarkshire on 01236 748011 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.